Is Flood Insurance Covered Under My Home Insurance Policy?

No. Your standard home insurance policy does not protect you in the event of a flood. This is a separate policy you need to purchase. To help you do that, reach out to a reputable insurance agent for help. But first, read on to learn more about flood insurance in Phoenix, AZ.

Do I Need Flood Insurance?

Yes. You need flood insurance if you live in a flood zone or even inland as flooding can occur anywhere. For example, heavy rains or abundant snowmelt could cause flooding on your property. Flooding can also be causes gradually, such as from a crack in your foundation. 

I Rent So Do I Need Flood Insurance?

Yes. As a renter, you need to insure the inside of your condo or apartment. If you live in a flood area and your rental property is flooded, the items ruined will not be covered unless you have flood insurance. Flooding can also occur outside of flood zones. Some of the items covered by flood insurance include:

  • Plumbing Systems
  • Furnaces
  • Water Heaters
  • Central Air Conditioning
  • Sump Pumps
  • Heat Pumps
  • Kitchen Appliances
  • Carpeting
  • Window Treatments
  • Foundation Walls
  • Anchorage Systems
  • Detached Garage
  • Personal Property like Clothing

When Should I Buy A Flood Insurance Policy? 

Now. Don’t wait for flooding season to get your policy in Phoenix, AZ. There is a 30 day waiting period for your policy to take effect so do this well in advance. 

To learn more about purchasing flood insurance, contact the team at Genesis Insurance. Our reputable, friendly agents will answer all your questions about flood insurance and help you find the right policy.